- Kinda Boring. Being a DBA isn't exactly rocket surgery. I just spent 4.5 years (I'm kind of slow... no suprises there) getting my college degree... I wouldn't mind exercising my brain muscle a little.
- Boeing is HUGE. With just a touch more bureaucracy than communist China, Boeing is slow to do anything. Example: I was supposed to work on a tool to do workflow management. We had a meeting, and had a due date set. But somewhere along the lines, everyone involved decided to um... not do it. Everyone on the team was just like: "fuck it"
- It's close to home. I kind of want to go somewhere other than Washington. I've lived there for a large chunk of my life. Granted, Seattle is a little different than Spokane... but, it's still Washington.
- It's already here. I could not even have to LOOK for a job. There is one already sitting right here in my inbox.
- Boeing is HUGE. There is oppurtunity to do a gajillion different jobs. Once I'm part of the company, I can tranfer around, and do other things. Perhaps thing than I enjoy more than DBA.
- Great Benefits. There are literally more than I care to list here! Luckily, someone at Boeing did have the time to make that list.
- It's close to home. It is nice to be able to head back to Spokane for a weekend up at the lake. Family gatherings will be cheaper to attend. And family emergencies more easily tended to (hmmm... maybe that means more responsibility... that could be a 'con' :)).
Anyways. Whatever. Drop your thoughts into a comment, and press 'post' or something. I'm willing to listen to anything (especially if you wanna offer me a job).
Just a few side notes: I just saw Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. If you've seen AI, or Battlefield Earth, you already know the feeling you'll get when you watch this. It's kinda like you've been sea sick for 2 hours, so you know you're gonna puke. But Montezuma's revenge is sneaking up... so you wanna take care of that. But as soon as you sit down for that... sure as sh_t (pun intended), here comes that Subway Turkey Breast sandwich (because, you've been on a diet for 2 years, but you're still a tubby little britch).
WHEW! so, now you know how I really feel about that movie. Time for bed.